For Northstar systems where screen-embedded sensors are impractical, soft-screens, collimated theaters, or for display upgrades, StarScan is the ideal solution for precision automatic image alignment.
A true 3D solution for a 3D problem, StarScan provides detailed measurement of display system geometry using high precision gimbal pointing, and laser rangefinding. StarScan measures both the exact 3D screen geometry and the projected image geometry, resulting in the industry’s most accurate warp and blend — down to 1 arc minute.
StarScan devices can be mounted virtually anywhere in the display system and can automatically align itself using reference points on the screen, enabling repeatable, high accuracy performance, even from off-center locations.
- Precision 3D image mapping
- Absolute geometric accuracy 1 – 5 arc min
- Off axis alignment head positioning
- Screen installation support
- Display channel setup support
- Easy and cost-effective retrofit of auto-alignment to existing installations