For Northstar systems where screen-embedded sensors are impractical, soft-screens, collimated theaters, or for display upgrades, StarScan is the ideal solution for precision automatic image alignment.
A complete screen surface map is derived in system using the gimbal mounted rangefinder. This map is used in geometric projection software to calculate the location for every alignment point on the real display surface. This surface map can also be used for display system acceptance testing to ensure compliance with design specifications.
The integrated rangefinder can be used to accurately locate a screen to specified coordinates to ensure proper setup.
- Screen measurement and 3D mapping
- 3D image mapping with absolute precision
- Absolute geometric accuracy 1 – 5 arc min
- Off axis alignment head positioning
- Screen installation support
- Display channel setup support
- Easy and cost-effective retrofit of auto-alignment to existing installations
- Minimum Stationary Dimensions: 15.5cm x 20.5cm x 21.5cm / 6.1” x 8.00” x 8.45”
- Max height: 25.4cm / 10”
- Weight: 3.63kg / 8 lbs
|StarScan options 1 arc min to 5 arc min|
|RANGE OF OPERATION|
|Azimuth 340 degrees (optional 360 degrees)|
|Elevation -25 to +70 degrees (optional -45 to +90 degrees)|
|LIGHT LEVEL SUPPORT|
|Sensitivity .001 to 15 fL|
|Position – Off axis viewing support|
|Orientation – Horizontal and vertical|
|nControl – Display system management software|